- MUSIC FROM THE HISPANIC WORLD &
Artistic Collaborations -
"Because of my family roots and affinity for the Spanish language, I enjoy sharing my deep love for the culture and music of the Hispanic World. I continue to present this repertoire in symposiums, thematic recitals, lectures and artist residencies.
My Fulbright year in Spain further enriched my artistry, and I continue to investigate and perform both historical and contemporary composers from Spain. I invite you to sample my two commercially released discs Las canciones de Julio Gomez & Espana alla Rossini which showcases these interests.
In addition, my repertoire exploration has led me to explore the classical composers of Mexico, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic and Haiti; I have presented recitals featuring these songs and their poetry throughout the United States and Europe. "
1. "The Unknown Pauline Viardot" a Bicentennial Celebration (United States and Spain)
Concerts, conferences, publications and sound disc that discovers the surprising and unknown facets of woman composer, Pauline Viardot, via her unedited songs for voice and piano.
- This concert and pertaining activities bring to light, repertoire in Spanish, Italian and French that has not been edited up to now by French woman composer, Pauline Viardot. Via concerted investigation, using original manuscripts, concert going public can experience this works once more, and be part of a journey to experience the diverse facets of the long life of this composer, from her youth in the 1840's, to the turn of the 20th century, in which we discover a composer immersed in the experimentation of new aesthetics and musical genres.
- Venues and collaborating entities during 2021-2022: New York University; Instituto Cervantes Observatory at Harvard; University of Costa Rica; Asociacion de Mujeres en la Musica; Museo del Romanticismo in Madrid; Circulo Orellana; Hildegard Publishing; Ritmo Magazine; Toccata Classics.
- With: Anna Tonna- mezzo soprano, Corina Feldkamp - soprano, Isabel Perez-Dobarro - piano and Patricia Kleinman - musicologist, Enrica Savigni, 19th century guitar.
A collaboration between Women in Music/Mujeres en Musica and Projecto Compositoras.
2. 1915: Viaje a Granada Recital (Barcelona and La Rioja)
- Recital for voice and piano with conference and sound disc, showcasing the new song cycle "Pascual Florida" composed for Anna Tonna by Spanish composer Miquel Ortega. Featuring songs by Matilde Salvador, Joaquin Turina, Manuel de Falla and Maria Rodrigo.
- Venues and cooperating entities in 2021: Semana Lirica de Logrono Lucrecia Arana; Instituto de Estudios Riojanos; Gobierno de La Rioja. Spanish Independent Label (discographic label).
- With: Anna Tonna - mezzo soprano and Mac McClure - pianist
3. "Like spirit winged chariots..." Keats-Shelley Bicentennial (Rome and Naples)
- Concerts with romantic era instruments, of chamber music and song by late 18th and early 19th century composers, in celebration of the bicentennial of poets Keats and Shelley, highlighting their relationship with Italy.
- Venues and collaborating entities in 2022: Keats Shelley Museum in Rome; The KeatsShelley-200 Committee in London; TBA venue in Naples; British Embassy in Rome.
- With: Anna Tonna - mezzo soprano; Enrica Savigni - 19th century guitar; Laura Savigni - fortepiano (Duo Savigni)
4. A musical celebration Joaquin Sorolla, at the Hispanic Society Musem & Library (New York City)
- A concert that celebrates the culture and times of late 19th century Spanish painter, Joaquin Sorolla. A cycle of three concerts, one of which will be of the musical theatre and songs in the times of Joaquin Sorolla, inspired in his relationship with figures that he painted, such as the singers Lucrecia Arana, Isabel Brul and Raquel Meller; and composer Tomas Breton.
- Venues and collaborating entities in 2022: The New York Academy of Arts and Letters in New York City; Hispanic Society Museum & Library. Archivo La SGAE in Madrid.
- With: Anna Tonna - mezzo soprano; Gustavo Ahualli -baritone; TBA - piano.